The Hardware?
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: knight_67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">cant remember the name, but next to barter theatre, used to be a hardware place, turned restaurant, good food, great bar</div></div>
Withers Hardware Company--but everyone calls it The Hardware anyways. Agreed on your observation...a little pricy on the food though--but a great bar and decent prices for drinks.
Staying in Abingdon, The Starving Artist would certainly qualify as a "hole-in-the-wall" type of place, and it's pretty darn good.
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
The Hardware?
I ate at a place called Ernie's Rib Shack in Beckley, WV. My husband and I pulled up and I instantly wanted to leave. Looks like a complete shack (hence the name). The parking lot was just mud and gravel. Once we got inside, it looked a little better. But, the food was amazing! They had number 9 beer on tap, which thrilled my husband to no end. And the owner was actually still the cook. He made a point to come around and meet everyone. Ended up being the cutest place I've ever been.
starving artist is gooood too
"i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"
i thought they closed the starving artist down...??
It's been closed for almost a year now. The chef is now working at the Starving Artist Grill in Bristol.
The test is simple, if "your" team wins a national championship, do you get a championship ring? If the answer is yes, then you can say "we." If not, you can't.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Widespread_Panic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's been closed for almost a year now. The chef is now working at the Starving Artist Grill in Bristol. </div></div>
I haven't been in Abingdon on a regular basis for almost 2 years now...explains why I didn't know that.
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
Bookmarks